My trip started on 12th Feb and is supposed to end on 24th April. There were lots of good experiences. But, as usual, some bitter experiences were also associated with it. I would like to list down the bad experiences.
Trip was in two parts: 12th Feb to 14th March, and 18th March to 24th April , 2006.
12th Feb to 14th March, 2006:
- At the morning, I got a call that my flight (Hyderabad - Delhi) was cancelled. I was supposed to catch connecting flight from Delhi on same day. Somehow, I managed to get ticket in other airline.
- I forgot my wallet, credit cards, FOREX, AT&T card at room and headed to airport. On the way, I realized and came back to pick them up. Otherwise, I would have been f***ed up.
- My flight got delayed, and I had to spend 6 hours at Hyderabad airport. I reached international terminal late. Thanks to American Airlines staffs, they allowed me to enter at last moment. I dont remember any one of their name except "MEHEK". She was a good looking girl (a very strong reason to memorize her name).
- US immigration officer did not like my face and stamped my passport, putting the date 12th March, 2006. That means, I had to change my return ticket date which was scheduled for 14th March, 2006. I shorten my trip by 3 days.
- During US stay, my laptop's hard disk got crashed. I was literally disconnected from rest of the world for 2 days.
- While coming back, my flight from Delhi to Hyderabad was delayed. Spending time at airport really sucks.
18th March to 24th April, 2006:
- History repeats. Second trip started in a similar fashion. Flight was delayed and reached the international terminal late. I was quite sure, American airlines staffs would help me, again. This time, I was not that lucky. They refused to allow me and had given me option to rebook the ticket for next day. I met "MEHEK" again, but I was more worried about my night stay. Missing a flight is worse thing you can think of.
- I did not have much balance in my cell to call anyone. Somehow, I called the cab and put myself safely into Hotel Hyatt. Next day, I got my flight and met "MEHEK" for third time.
- During US stay, I was barred from withdrawing cash as I had already crossed my cash withdrawal limit for the credit card. I took loan from my friend.
My trip is still on and it will last for next 2 weeks. I wish, I do not need to add anything in the above list.
If I were "Chetan Bhagat", you would have been reading the third book by the time, titled something like "2 months @ United States" and I could have made some real Dollars.